Saturday, April 10, 2010

Thank You Uncle Larry & Rest In Peace

Peacefully at 3:50 this morning, Larry Albert Nichols took his last breath. I am so glad I got to be here to tell my only uncle how thankful I am for getting to be a part of his life and how much I love him. The hospice nurse is here right now and arrangements are in process. Larry was only 56. He loved life, hunting and most of all his yellow Lab, Sugar. His most favorite place to be when not in the woods was at his cottage at the lake. Which made visiting with him so easy because his cottage was across from my parents cottage.

Larry managed diabetes, a massive heart attack and survived a massive stroke three years ago which unfortunately left him paralyzed on the right side and only able to say 15 words. In February of this year Larry was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer that had spread throughout his body by the time they found it. I am so thankful that God guided him peacefully and pretty much painlessly through this quick battle.

I will forever remember the memories made with my Uncle. Thank you for a lifetime of happy flashbacks Uncle Larry!!

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely eulogy, Ellen. I'm sorry you all lost him so soon.

    ReplyDelete

What facts about life have you learned? Share them here...