Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Reviewing LouAna Coconut Oil




So I decided to jump on the coconut oil bandwagon. I have read all the supposed benefits ranging from whiter teeth, softer hair, fewer wrinkles, excellent shaving oil and more and decided to give it a try.

First, I put the oil on my feet then covered them with socks last night before bed. It took a lot for me to do the socks because I am claustrophobic wearing socks to bed makes me feel trapped. Stop laughing! Anyways, my heels were much softer! No joke!

Next try is the oil as a conditioner. I slathered it on my hair, concentrating on the ends, threw it in a pony tail & traveled off to dreamland. It shampooed out easily today & my hair does feel a little softer. I will try it again throughout the rest of the week and weekend to see if it helps my dry locks.

Third test: shaving. I normally use Coochy Shave Cream by Pure Romance because it leaves my legs smooth & free of razor burn. But after trying the coconut oil today, I think I will spend $6 per tube of oil then $20 for the Coochy. The draw back was rinsing the razor more often which no biggie. Some benefits to the coconut oil are easy shaving of the delicate areas, :) no razor burn and best yet, no need to apply lotion after the shower because they are still moisturized!

Now to try some of the other homemade remedies. Let's hope it works as well on wrinkles as it did my legs!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

What facts about life have you learned? Share them here...