Saturday, March 9, 2013

Still Learning The Facts of Life

I decided to change the name of my blog. Stumbling Upon Life was a good title but not inspiring to me anymore. How I came across the new name is; the other day my oldest son (15) and his friend were in the car after drivers training talking about some facts of life stuff. Then like a movie, background music started playing in my head. It was the theme song to the the 80's show, The Facts of Life. Do you remember that show? I watched it as a girl and loved it. So, me being me, I starting thinking about the meaning of the facts of life and what it meant at that moment listening to the boys talk, what it meant back in my youth and honestly, what it still means today. Then I couldn't let the song go without looking up the words and finally googling the definition of "fact of life".  Here's what I found:

"any aspect of human existence that must be acknowledged or regarded as unalterable, ex: Old age is a fact of life." and "an unavoidable truth, especially an unpleasant one".

Now there's a grown up version of the facts of life for us. It's not just about the birds and the bees, after all. It's about life in general. The song sums it up pretty well. don't you think? "You take the good, you take the bad, you take them both and there you have, the facts of life."

No one told me that at 40, I would be learning more about the facts of life then I did as a teen!

So here's to sharing with you, what I'm (still) learning about the facts of life...

No comments:

Post a Comment

What facts about life have you learned? Share them here...