Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Core Power Protein Shake Review

 
I was the designated car pool driver for soccer last night. Actually I enjoy it because it gives me an excuse to put in a workout while they are training. Boys train, mom trains.

After the mentally exhausting day I had yesterday, I was just going walk. But my Cardio Tracker app was already set to "running" so I kept it. The run was easy and a PR for me! I logged 4.9 miles in 37 minutes!!! Not once did I stop or have to play mind games with myself.

Since I gave my son my water bottle, I drove to the store for a recovery drink and water. As I was looking through the cooler one product caught my eye. It was the Core Power Protein Shake in honey flavor. The only protein drinks I've had are the powder kind you mix and normally drink as a meal substitute, so this product was new to me. Since I love honey, had a PR, gave up my own water, and went into the store looking like I ran through a war wash, I decided the day deserved a treat.

I purchased the Core Power Honey for $3.00. Let me tell you, this drink is GOOD!! It was very light with a mild touch of honey. I was expecting some heavy, super sweet drink. But this was just the opposite. It was refreshing. The honey taste was almost like the flavor you get when you chew on a piece of honey comb. It is made with real low-fat milk that is sweetened with honey. And honey helps to promote endurance and performance as well as helping to reduce muscle fatigue.

The drink was so good I thought it must not be all it's supposed to be. But I was wrong.
An 11.5oz shake has:
Fat: 3.5g with 2g being Sat. fat and 0 trans.
Sodium: 120mg
Protein: 26g in honey, vanilla and chocolate & 20g in the chocolate light and strawberry banana.
Calcium: 70%
Vitamin A: 15%
Vitamin D: 40%

What is Core Power? It is a post workout recovery drink that comes in four different flavors: Honey, Chocolate, Vanilla and Strawberry Banana (although Honey is the only one I've tried so far). It is made with low-fat, lactose-free milk and real honey. You can find out more about this awesome drink at http://www.corepower.com/ or checkout your local stores and gas stations.

This is one drink that will be a staple in my house as a recovery drink from now on! This mom won't be giving up her Core Power without a fight. Have you ever tried one? If so, what flavor and what did you think of it?

*All opinions are 100% my own. I was not compensated to do this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What facts about life have you learned? Share them here...