Friday, July 26, 2013

5 Question Friday



Rules for 5QF: Copy and paste the following questions to your blog post, answer them, then head over to My Little Life and LINK UP! 

1. What is your best secret cleaning tip?
2. What is your favorite food to snack on during movie night?
3. If it was up to you, what would you have named the royal baby?
4. If you could be any Disney character who would you choose?
5. What's the most important part of a healthy relationship?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1. What is your best secret cleaning tip? To answer that would mean that I actually have to clean. My cleaning is a little lack luster. I'll use the excuse that I am spending quality with my 4 kids so "please excuse the mess, my children are making memories" and cleaning while you have kids is like "shoveling while it's snowing". But if I had to give one tip from something I do, let's see... mix a water and white vinegar together for a window and mirror cleaner. It's not the best smell, but it cleans like a champ!

2. What is your favorite food to snack on during movie night? Hmmm, either homemade nachos or kettle corn and a big glass of Coke with crushed ice.

3. If it was up to you, what would you have named the royal baby? Mine! Because that would mean I am royalty. I would love to be princess for a day. Oh who am I kidding, I'd love to be princess for longer then a day, maybe infinity! But in all seriousness, I would have went with Spencer as the first name, in honor of Diana's maiden name.

4. If you could be any Disney character who would you choose? Well to be honest, some people have called me Grumpy. Which on some days is true and I'll own it. But the character I would choose to be is Merida, the spunky heroine from Brave. She is like a breath of fresh air. She's not the typical princess. She's not a prissy, pink-wearing girly-girl who’s waiting for her knight in shining armor to charge through the castle door. She’s sporty and fierce, determined and strong, and rides on her horse through the Scottish Highlands shooting arrows. Now that sound's like me in a heartbeat.

5. What's the most important part of a healthy relationship? Communication. It can be simple like asking how the day was, what's the plans for the weekend or what to have for dinner. Or complex like resolving an argument. It is learning how to make each other laugh. It's communicating on how to deal with kids, in-laws and life. If you don't communicate, how do you learn about each other?

1 comment:

  1. Stopping by from 5QF. I evidently need to learn some of your facts of life...looks like you're really into fitness. I said communication for relationships, too. I love all of your rationales behind not having the neatest house on the block. I'm right there with you (only I have just two kids and they're both teenagers).

    ReplyDelete

What facts about life have you learned? Share them here...