Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Survivor & Hero - 1 Year Anniversary

Today marks a milestone for my family as well as one of great celebration. It is the 1 year anniversary of my father's triple brain aneurysm tragedy. Last year on this date, my father went to the ER with extreme sensitivity to light and sound and nausea that he had for over a week. The doctors found one aneurysm ruptured, one leaking and one bulging. This began the scariest year for our family. I created a Caring Bridge site so that all our friends and family could stay up to date on what was happening during his stay in the hospital. You can read the whole journey of my hero here: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/allanjones

The doctors were amazed that my dad lived past the first rupture, made it through both brain surgeries and is back to work now a year later with virtually no signs of the tragedy other then a great looking scar on his head. Yes, a great looking scar. Even his scar has healed well! My dad is my hero and such a walking miracle!!
Before pic!
Before
Called himself "Frankenstein" & said it looked like a "football".
July 17th, 2012
December 31, 2012

1 comment:

What facts about life have you learned? Share them here...