Monday, September 23, 2013

Fact of Life “A-Ha” Moment


Here is my "A-Ha" moment that was posted on Fit Approach when I joined as a Sweat Pink Ambassador.

EllenSmithWarrriorDash2013

We’ve all been told about the facts of life. But we weren’t told the whole story. The facts of life aren’t just about the “birds and bees,” they’re about the lessons we learn throughout our life. Just like in the theme song from the 80′s show “you take the good, you take the bad, you take them both and there you have the facts of life.” A-ha!

That’s what my A-ha moment is about – the facts of life. The good moment of life was happening two years ago when I got into the best shape of my life. I wore a bikini at 39 for the first time ever! I was able to walk the length of my basement floor on my hands, do back-flips in the water and ride a SUP. The new-found confidence and motivation that I felt was amazing. But then bad happened and I lost the strength, confidence and motivation that I had busted my butt to gain. To think that the 17 pounds shed, the 2 a-day workouts for 4 months went to waste has killed me.

My “a-ha” moment came when the weight on the scale started to rise, my favorite jeans were too tight and the happiness I felt was gone. The fact of life was that I was becoming the typical 40-year-old. No way was I going down without a fight. I want to be the MILF (mother in love with fitness) that my kids are proud of. Not the old fuddy duddy happy being “skinny fat” or “looks good for her age with 4 kids.” I want to be the “wow, you are how old and have how many kids?” girl.

A-ha, fact of life learned: this girl isn’t growing older gracefully. I am going to fight it with every mile I log and every burpee I do! This gal’s getting back into her bikini at 41!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What facts about life have you learned? Share them here...