Thursday, September 12, 2013

Throwback Thursday

button


I joined another link up. This one is with Amy from The Story of Us. Today's throwback is all about your high school dances. Show your dress that you just had to have because it was the best ever. Copy/paste the above button and head over to Amy's site and link up.

Here is my high school prom. I'm the shorty with the triangle hair. That's my best friend from h.s and my daughters' are good friends with her daughter. The guy I'm holding onto was my boyfriend at the time. I was a senior, he was a junior. To prove just how stupid we are in high school, I continued to date the creep even though he got kicked out of school for stealing an engine in auto class. Yeah, what a dumbass! And I'm talking about myself for even being with the jerk. He wasn't allowed to go to the prom but still dressed up becuase my parents paid for his tux and our flowers. Yep, call me STUPID! He took me to the dance and then said he'd be back in 15 minutes to get me. I came out 20 mins late to see him driving away. Not a good time. But I was the naive little girl who stood for it. Until his parents kicked him out and my parents took him in. That made me see what a looser he was and I broke it off. A couple months later I met my now husband and the ex made it so miserable that I moved out and he stayed. The world kept turning and now he is IDK, either Heaven or Hell. He was in a car accident and killed several years later. And ya know what? I was at the hospital when he was brought in. I saw him and commented on oh wow, that poor guy. Hope he's okay. The next day I found out it was him and that he didn't make it. Funny how things turn out... you take the good, you  take the bad....

P.S. I still have my dress hanging in my basement!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! What a story. My prom date sounds like he wasn't much different from yours. There are times when I wish I could hit the rewind button and totally skip ever dating him. Oh well, we live and we learn. Thanks so much for linking up with TBT this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bad boys always seem like fun don't they..

    ReplyDelete

What facts about life have you learned? Share them here...