Monday, October 14, 2013

Dump The Frump



I'm in a frump all around. Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter, even Facebook motivations have had little effect on me lately. I exercise a day or two, eat well, then slip back into the housecoat mom. Why is it so easy to put ourselves last? Why is it so easy to be comfortable in our yoga pants and scales going up? Is it because women just age and don't get distinguished like men as they get older? It has become easy to be complacent with just being okay. Even though I don't want to be okay. I want to be awesome, in great shape and make my family proud. Life is just passing me by lately with all the sports my kids do and my schooling. It has been a day to day frump. No one can make us happy but ourselves, I know that. It's truthful that exercising and eating right will help you feel and look better. It all has positive circle effect. Yet I've stayed weighted down, let life get mundane and boring. But NO MORE!

I just did something that I NEVER thought I would. Guess what I just bought? You might say, "oh please, that's so yesterday". But to me it's a big deal because I am ssssoooo not like this. Nor am I an adventurous type. Shh, let me whisper it. I just bought 50 Shades of Grey. Wait, if I'm changing things up, I guess I should shout it. I just bought 50 Shades of Grey! I did, and I'm nervous about it. Give me a mystery novel or funny self help book and it's all good. Romance and sex books are not my thing. Lately I've been feeling blah. Not sexy. Frumpy even. So today I decided to try to spice things up a bit. Needed a little Monday Motivation for the libido. This mama wants to be that healthy, strong and confident gal she was a couple years ago. I am a MILF (mom in love with fitness) and have lost track of it. It has been a hit and miss, touch and go couple years with maintaining my fitness. Too many days are wasted with making excuses for not working out. Not painting my nails, not taking time for me. It's been easy to get into the frump that so many aging moms get into.

Well I refuse to be a frumpy mom. Today is the start of a new week. I went all in. Drank my water, bought 50 Shades, popped my vitamins, laced up my running shoes, sent emails, turned all Wonder Woman around the house to spruce it up a bit, and am ready to get back to standing strong. Not to mention, we are Florida bound in 2 months. Good Heavens, I need to get my ass back into shape for the beach! Here's to dumping the mom frump, eating clean, training dirty and putting on some lip gloss. And maybe getting a little frisky :)

Have you read 50 Shades? What'd you think? Did it spice up your life? Any advice? What did you do today for motivation?

No comments:

Post a Comment

What facts about life have you learned? Share them here...