Thursday, October 17, 2013

Thirsty Thursday - YUCCA!!!

This!

This





                              becomes



                         

YUCCA!!!!!!!!

TGIThursday! That means I'm done with classes are done for the week & Applebee's has their Long Islands for 1/2 off. GRANDE size please! Bad thing is the hubs is working right now, so I'm stuck with heating up a cup of coffee. And, kids bust my plans again. My girls have soccer training tonight. Normally it wouldn't be a problem, but it is pouring out. My luck means it won't be cancelled. If it's not, I'm buying a PSL from Micky-D's. I've never had one, so if I have to sit in the cold rain and can't have a LI, this mama is buying a coffee.

Why am I talking about LI's and the yummy looking concoction above? No, not because I'm a lush. Well, nah, I'm not. It's because Alicia from Brew Mama, Kristin from Hopelessly Ever After and their friends are hosting a 
Hopelessly Ever After

The recipe I am sharing is for YUCCA - adult lemonade!

You need: Fifth of Vodka (I'm a cheap ass & buy the gross shit)  / 6 lemons   / 6 limes   / 2 cups sugar   / Ice

Quarter the lemons and limes and put in a container that you can shake. Pour in the vodka and sugar. Fill container rest of the way with ice. Put on lid and shake, shake, shake Senora! Let sit overnight but shake now and then. Add more ice as needed. This is potent so we use 5 oz. Dixie cups to serve.
Drink with caution - it will sneak up on you!

Now to join in the party: 
1. Follow the blogs below via GFC or Bloglovin'.
- Kristin @ Hopelessly Ever After
- Ida @ Second Chances Girl
- Lisa @ Butterflies and Hurricanes
- Brandi @ Realities of Brandi
- Alicia @ Brew Mama
- Brittany @ Wine, Cheese, and Workout Capris
- Britney @ Lady Luck
- Sevi @ Ware is the Vodka?!?
- Tia @ Gilded TBags

2. Grab a button above and put it in your post.

3. Write about your favorite alcoholic beverage.

4. Go back to Kristin's blog and link up!!!

5. Get some new recipes or drink ideas for the weekend and make a new friend!!
6. Send a tweet with #ThirstyThursday and include @leggs532 so they can see it!!

Happy recipe hunting!

3 comments:

  1. This sounds yummy!! Thanks for linking up with us today!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry your plans of LI got messed up.. I sat in the rain for Zach's football game today... Things mom's do!! One day we will have some LI's together!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Guess what? The hubs (oh I hate that term, can't I just say their name?) got done with his side job and took me for a LI!!!!! I was good and only had 1. Yes we do!! Can't wait to meet you.

      Delete

What facts about life have you learned? Share them here...